Monday, May 2, 2011

Fava Bean Harvest


So yesterday I decided to harvest all my fava beans. Took some time shelling them and I'm happy to say I got quite a lot from my crop! :) Going to use them in dinner tonight and tomorrow. It is so delightful to grow something in the garden and get to use it in your meal!! I was also happy to free up a ton of space because the favas were taking over more than half of one of my planter beds. I planted some roma tomato seeds there, a yellow squash and some more herbs. Did a lot of plant thinning as well. I do have a lot more yellow pear tomatoes, eggplants, and jalapenos growing than I need. I'm letting them grow bigger and then if anyone would like some I can do my best to carefully dig them up and you can try and transplant them in your garden. Just let me know.

0 comments: