Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mmmmmmmm


Here are some of our beets. Some of these are pretty small, but I was thinning/harvesting at the same time. Just planted another row where I took these out. We are starting to get some peas too. I picked a couple of pods and opened them and the kids ate them right there in the garden. Our peas look a little short though, I thought they'd be climbing more. Anyone had any experience with peas?

Tonight we thinned out the lower part of our tomato plants. They looked so dense down at the bottom, I thought they needed a little air circulation. We do have some immature tomatoes on the plants, so it shouldn't be too long for them!! I hand-pollinated our zucchini yesterday, because we've gotten only one mature zuke. The others turn yellow and stay little. I looked online and it said possibly they aren't pollinating, or that they are missing nitrogen. We'll see what happens! The one we did get was delicious. All the strawberry plants are still alive, hooray!
We have lots of spinach, some baby romaine, and if you'd like to try the beets, let me know ASAP and I'll save you a couple.
Farmer K

0 comments: