Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting Growin'

I finally feel happy with what is growing in our garden! We have some Romaine (sprouted and just planted), beets, carrots, broccoli (not big at all but oh-so-tasty!), peas. I planted these a while back and they are doing well. This weekend planted Tomatoes (yellow pear, a big orange type, and lots of plum). Hoping they do well, as last year the tomotoes all got some fungus thing... I've also planted my green beans, two rounds, but the first round hasn't sprouted yet, and I thought they should have by now. I set out some more seeds yesterday, so if they are not up in the next two weeks, I'm buying some plants from the nursery.
-Farmer K

The raised beds and two containers for Tomatoes. I planted two plants in each container, as an experiment on space-saving.


Some strawberries waiting for their containers! Two types, hopefully we will get a continuous harvest. I will put one of each type in a 1 gallon pot.

0 comments: